It’s the Stan Lee’s L.A. Comic Con
7th Annual SURVIVAL GUIDE!
We want you to have the BEST time possible, so we’ve put together some really useful information for you.
If you print this out, not only will you have this vital info with you, at the show, but it also makes a great collectible! OK, not really; but, you COULD have Stan Lee sign it. How cool would that be?
Now, on with the guide!
1. Want to meet Stan Lee? Cool! Any ticket holder has a chance to purchase an autograph or photo from the man himself. All you have to do is go to the Autograph Sales Booth on the show floor! If you can’t wait that long, you can buy pre-sale tickets for Stan’s autograph on our ticketing page, or pre-sale photographs at http://wolfstudiosphotography.com/
2. All attendees, exhibitors and guests MUST go through a bag check before entering the LA Convention Center. Anyone leaving the “clean” area will have to go through a bag check to re-enter
3. Pick up your badge early! A ticket gets you a badge; a badge gets you in the door! Badge Redemption will be located in the lobby of the SOUTH HALL:
a. Thursday, Oct. 26th 4:00pm - 8:00pm
b. Friday, Oct. 27th 8:00am - 6:00pm
c. Saturday, Oct. 28th 7:00am – 6:00pm
d. Sunday, Oct 29th 8:00am
4. You can never go wrong by arriving early and being prepared! Have your ticket printed out, or have it ready to be scanned on your smart phone. It makes scanning super easy, and the folks behind you in line will love you, eternally.
a. FYI - You can also have a friend pick up your badge as long as they have your scannable ticket or your QR Code on their Smarty-pants phone. Just make sure they don’t lose your badge - that would totally suck and you will have to buy another.
5. Parking is plentiful, but the lots will fill up early. Please note that The Rock-N-Roll Marathon is on Sunday, October 29th, so expect traffic delays and full parking garages! Here are a couple alternatives:
a. Take the Train (aka The Metro): Trust us, even if you have to drive to a station with a parking structure (i.e. La Cienega Station or Hollywood and Highland) it’s SO much better than battling traffic and paying for parking. Plus, it’s only $1.75 each way, and there is a stop across the street from the LACC off the BLUE and EXPO line.
b. Carpool with friends: It’s also good for the environment, and friendship is magic!
6. Plan your day ahead by checking out our panel schedule and floor map on our website: www.stanleeslacomiccon.com. We have over 200 panels and attractions over the course of the weekend!
7. Wear comfortable shoes. You will be doing a lot of walking.
8. Have your phone fully charged. You won’t want to miss out on any of the many great photo opportunities!
9. Use #LAComicCon17 when you tweet and Instagram for a chance to win cool prizes!
10. Scored a free autograph? Redeem it at the Celebrity Autograph Booth located in Hall K, right next to the photo booth.
11. Visit our website www.stanleeslacomicon.com to find out where and when all our celebrities will be signing. Some of our celebrities even offer autograph tickets for advance purchase through our website (link). Order ahead and skip the lines. If you can’t, no worries; we will also have tickets on sale at our Autograph Booth.
12. Buy your Celebrity Photo tickets, in advance, online. Visit Wolf Studio Photography (link) to purchase your photo opp tickets for Stan Lee, Batman 66 Cast, Chloe Bennet, Melissa Joan Hart, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, and many more.
13. Pick up our FREE Program Guide. It’s a Collector’s Edition with original artwork by Tom Hodge. Stop by his table and have him sign it. You can find him in ARTIST ALLEY Table E-1.
14. Download the Cosmunity app for LIVE updates to our Programming and Autograph Schedules! Panels START at the listed time, so make sure to arrive at least 15-30 minutes before the panel begins.
15. Read our Harassment Policy here (link). L.A. Comic Con is all about Being Excellent to Each Other. If you see someone being harassed or YOU feel like someone is bothering you or being inappropriate, tell a L.A. Comic Con Staff member or Security RIGHT AWAY.
16. Cosplay if you can! We love it when people are dressed up, as do your fellow con attendees. In light of recent world events, we have decided that NO PROP GUNS OF ANY KIND will be allowed at L.A. Comic Con. READ our NEW Weapons Policy to avoid any hassle or disappointment http://comikazeexpo.com/weapons-policy
17. If you are bringing a Cosplay Prop or Weapon, please get it checked and tagged at 1 of our 7 (yes, SEVEN) Cosplay Weapons Check Counters! There will be one at every entrance point for your convenience. If your weapon has NOT been checked and tagged, you will be asked by security to do so entering the hall!
18. Bring plenty of cash and keep it handy. Many of our vendors take credit cards, but Internet on the floor (TOO many people with smart phones) can slow down card processing. So you don't miss out on that exclusive, we have plenty of ATM's located in the LACC (but lines can get long, and hey – bank fees, right?).
19. We have a lot of cool L.A. Comic Con Exclusives! Check out the official Program Guide to see where they can be purchased on the show floor.
20. Show your true L.A. geek pride! Stop by the official L.A. Comic Con Merch booth #1808 and pick up your L.A. Comic Con hat or tee!
21. Hangry much? Pack a lunch, or check out all the other great food options at L.A. LIVE and the food trucks located between West Hall and Hall K.
22. Join us, Friday Night for Club Comic Con with DJ Jackson Rathbone (yes, THE Jasper from Twilight.) and some other special guests. You can buy tickets here: LINK. Guests must be 21 years or older with a valid ID.
23. Don’t forget that all 3-day and Saturday badge holders have a chance to attend our FREE Halloween Cosplay Ball at Club Novo featuring a special performance by BLACK EYED PEAS and their special friends. Fans with the Masters of The Sun Add-On get PRIORITY access. Guests must be 18 years or older with a valid ID.
24. Got kids? Don’t miss LA’s Ultimate Trick-or-Treat Sunday afternoon from 12-2! It’s a SAFE and FUN way to trick-or-treat. All of our vendors will have LOTS of candy to give away.
25. Why stop there? We also have the Kid’s Costume Contest, on the Main Stage at 12:30pm. Find out more here:
26. As always…safety first. Before the fun begins, families and groups should decide on a meeting point in case you get separated. We suggest easy to locate spots like the Main Stage or under sign “400."
27. Last, but not least, HAVE FUN!!!