All costume weapons must be inspected at the security station before entering the South Hall. Approved costume weapons will be tagged by security. All costume weapons must conform to state and federal law. Your approved weapon may be revoked at any time if you are handling it in a way that is deemed threatening by other attendees.
Absolutely NO functional weapons may be brought to Stan Lee's L.A. Comic Con.
The following items are forbidden at Stan Lee’s L.A. Comic Con:
- Sharpened metal-bladed weapons (including axes, daggers, hatches, knives, kunai, shuriken, swords, sword canes and switch blades)
- Explosives (including firecrackers and fireworks)
- Chemical weapons (including mace and pepper spray)
- Blunt weapons (including brass knuckles, clubs and nunchaku)
- Hard prop weapons (including props made of metal, fiberglass and glass), unless attached to your costume in a way they may not be drawn
- Instruments that cause excessive noise levels like vuvuzelas, grenade whistles and grenade horns
- Whips (unless attached to your costume in a way it may not be used)
Projectile weapons must be rendered inoperable. Realistic replica firearms, that can easily be confused as real firearms, must have the tip painted red.
Prop weapons will be allowed providing they are composed of cardboard, foam, wood or other light materials. Weapons made of hard materials, such as glass, fiberglass, or metal, must be attached to your costume in a way that they many not be drawn.
Shoes must be worn at all times.
If you do not want to have your costume weapons inspected or tagged, please do not bring them.